The Shire of Augusta Margaret River Library Service has been reviewing and changing its operations in response to the Federal Government’s announcements on COVID-19.
Our Libraries are taking measures to minimise the contamination risk of COVID-19 to staff and members very seriously.
- We would like to stress the importance of the role of libraries in maintaining the welfare of our communities and staff during times of crisis.
- We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and are following WA Health & Federal government guidelines.
- Mitigating risk whilst remaining open for our community is our priority.
Our Current Plan is to …
- Provide a positive and welcoming community space.
- Operating hours stay the same for the time being.
- Events and programs will be postponed until further notice
- Library staff are wiping public desks, Print Release and photocopier, iPAC computers, SmartServes etc at least an extra three times a day, in addition to our usual cleaning services.
- Encouraging people to use card services for payment of services
- Encouraging people to take out 30 items as per current loan policy.
- Public PC users are encouraged to use antiseptic wipes on the keyboard and mouse prior to use.
- Public wifi available.
- E-services are available 24/7.
- COVID-19 literature in multi languages is on display.
- Community jigsaw puzzle unavailable at present however there are plenty of jigsaws available for loan.
The Federal Government’s position is that as long as we follow social distancing advice, have no more than 100 people in a single enclosed space and have good cleaning practices in place our facilities can remain open.
The health and safety of our members, customers and staff is our highest concern at this time. The Shire of Augusta Margaret River Library Services will provide regular updates to members on the changing situation.