The Shire libraries have a range of book titles that are Dyslexia friendly and incorporate the following features:
- Tinted pages to reduce visual stress
- Fonts that make text clearer to read and assist with letter confusion, rotating and crowding
- Adequate spacing between text to help minimise confusion, blurring and switching of words
- Thick paper to make sure words and pictures don’t show through from other pages
- Editing to help minimise barriers to comprehension
- Excellent stories written by the most accomplished authors in the world
All these items can be reserved on the library catalogue, simply type the term “dyslexia friendly” into the search bar. The search can then be refined by choosing your interests on the left hand side bar.
As with all our other library items at this time, Dyslexia friendly books are available by Click and Collect.
If you need assistance placing a hold or have any questions, feel free to call the library on 9780 5600 or email email@example.com