As many of you are aware, the State Government is permitting libraries to ease some restrictions to public access from 18 May. We are missing you all and very excited to be edging closer towards greater contact with our community.
However, please don’t rush to your library first thing Monday – we’re not quite ready yet!
The changes to Shire Library Services will be incremental. At this point, there are still restrictions on how many people can be within the libraries at once, and what they can do while there. We are also required to continue with the quarantine of items, sanitising of surfaces, and social distancing.
We’re still working on the new processes that will allow us to open while complying with all the new safety requirements. It’s a surprisingly big job! And very important that we get that right before we usher you back into the building.
We’re aiming to open as soon as possible – but please note that only the Margaret River branch will open initially. Due to the small size of the Augusta Library, services there will remain unchanged for now. Your health and safety is our prime consideration, and we thank you for your understanding as we protect our local community.
In the meantime, the following services remain available from both the Augusta and Margaret River Libraries:
- The libraries continue to provide the Click & Collect service, allowing the community access to print materials and DVDs. Find out more about how to use this service here: https://amrlibraries.com/2020/03/30/your-takeaway-library-has-arrived-click-collect-is-here-at-last/
- Wifi is freely available from the library car parks and verandahs. The password is currently: authorevents.
- The after-hours chutes remain open 24/7.
- E-resources including e-books, e-audiobooks and movie-streaming are freely available to all library members.
- You can still join the library over the phone!
- Staff are onsite and ready to assist via phone or email if you have any difficulties or queries with the above services: firstname.lastname@example.org / 9780 5600
Stay tuned – we’ll update this blog as soon as there is news!!